5711188th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98037
These By-Laws do not replace or supersede the Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters, or H.O.G.@ operating policies.
NAME AND ADDRESS
The name of this organization shall be Harley Owners Group, Great Northwest Chapter #3169,5711 188th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98037 and shall be further known as "The Chapter" in the By-Laws. The principal mailing address of the Chapter shall be that of the Sponsoring Dealer. It shall be the Director's
responsibility to forward mail received to the proper officer if necessary.
The mission of this chapter is to promote responsible motorcycling activities for Harley Owners Group members by organizing and conducting activities and encouraging participation of the membership. We will encourage members to be involved in local, state, and regional H.O.G.@activities. We will strive to
represent the Harley Owners Group and Emerald City Harley-Davidson in a positive and dignified manner in community, state, and national functions. We will commit to fund raise for a charitable organization annually. Above all, we will support and encourage the philosophy of "RIDE AND HAVE FUN."
This organization shall follow an orderly democratic process. All board members have equal voting rights.
Conditions of Membership
1. There is no limit to the number of members this Chapter may have.
2. There is no age limit required for Chapter membership.
3. Active National H.O.G.®members are eligible for membership.
4. To become a member of the Chapter, applicants must present their national H.O.G.® card and sign the Chapter Membership Enrollment form.
5. There will be no dues for membership
6. Memberships will expire every year by the 31st of January of the following membership year and
must be renewed prior to participating in any Chapter functions and rides.
7. Non-Member guests may attend Chapter functions and rides if accompanied with a current member and must not be a guest that is in bad standing with the Chapter.
8. All members of the Chapter shall enjoy all benefits of the Chapter regardless of whether they are full or associate H.O.G® members.
9. To be a member in good standing and eligible for officer positions, members must attend a minimum of 25% of ALL events throughout the year.
10. Each member of the Chapter who wishes to run for office must be a member in good standing.
11. Each member shall be furnished an active Chapter membership card that will be deactivated when the membership card expires, member resigns from the membership, or is asked to leave the membership by the Sponsoring Dealer.
12. The Sponsoring Dealer may suspend or terminate a person's membership in accordance with the current Operating Policies of the Annual Charter for H.O.G® Chapters.
Charter members shall be so recognized as those who joined the Chapter between October 29,1986 and April 30, 1987, or the first 50, whichever comes first.
The Chapter shall have the following Primary officers, whose full duties ate described in the Annual Charter for H.O.G.®Chapters and touches on the duties briefly noted below. Primary officers shall be elected as outlined in the Election of Officers section of the By-Laws below.
l. Director: The general executive and head of the Chapter. Has the overall responsibility for the administration of the Chapter and implementation of Harley Owners Group policies. Conducts Chapter meetings.
2.Assistant Director: Assists the Director in carrying out his/her duties. In the absence of the Director, performs the duties and exercises the power of the Director. Acts as liaison between Chapter and State Rally Committee.
3.Treasurer: Responsible for collection and disbursement of Chapter funds. Responsible for Chapter federal, state and local tax returns. Ensures all charitable contributions are managed according to H.O.G.@guidelines. Provides annual Financial Statements to national H.O.G.@Note: Emerald City Harley Davidson Dealership will be the Treasurer for the Chapter.
4.Secretary: Oversees the administrative needs of the Chapter. Coordinates all insurance needs. Assists with membership. Submits reports to national H.O.G.@
The Director may appoint the following Discretionary Officers, whose duties are described in the Annual Charter for H.O.G.@Chapters and touches on the duties briefly noted below.
l. Activities Officer(s): Oversees the Activities of the Chapter. Organizes and implements Chapter events once approved by the Board of Directors. Recruits volunteers for activities. Oversees the collection of release forms. Assist with the implementation of the Risk Management Program.
2. Head Road Captain/Road Captain(s): Plan routes for Chapter Rides. Promote and enforce safe riding techniques. Educate members about group riding techniques. Ensure members are familiar with hand signals. Act as guide for Chapter rides. One Head Road Captain will be designated to coordinate the
Road Captain activities.
3. Ladies of Harley Officer: Oversees the administration of Chapter events pertinent to women. Encourage women to take an active part in Chapter events.
4. Newsletter Editor: Organizes written material for the Chapter. Publish the Chapter newsletter.
5. Safety Officer: Provide Motorcycle Safety Foundation information to members. Educate members about Safe Rider Skills program. Assist Road Captains in planning Chapter rides and educating members about group riding techniques and hand signals.
6. Photographer: Provides photos for newsletters and webpage.
7. Historian: Maintains an accurate account of Chapter events and activities.
8. Membership Officer: Maintain membership records on all members.
9. Webmaster: Authors, edits, and updates Chapter website. Follows internet guidelines in Chapter Handbook. Present potential website material to sponsoring dealer for approval. Work with Newsletter Editor to ensure information is consistent between website and newsletter.
All officers will hold their office for one year. Officers may be elected for additional terms; however, the Director can only hold his/her office for a term of 2 years. In addition, the dealership at their discretion may extend the term for an additional year or choose a new Director.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
l. Nomination Procedure. At the regular meeting held in October, any Chapter member may nominate a candidate for open positions. Nominees must be a member of the Chapter for at least one year and all nominees must be in good standing as already described in Conditions of Membership. Nominations shall be taken for the Assistant Director, Membership, Secretary, Editor, Photographer, Safety, Historian, and LOH positions each year. The Director shall be appointed by the Sponsoring Dealer for a term of 2 years. In addition, the dealership at their discretion may extend the term for an additional year or choose a new Director.
2. Election Procedure. In the event that three or more candidates are nominated for a position, a ballot election shall take place at the regular meeting held in November, and results of the election immediately announced. The two nominees with the highest number of votes shall be considered the
nominees for the position. In the event of a tie, a runoff election, by raise of hand, shall be immediately conducted.
3. Sponsoring Dealer Appointment, Officer Installation. The Sponsoring Dealer shall interview the nominees for open position and announce his/her choice for the office at the regular meeting in January of the following year.
4. 1n the event that a Primary Officer Position is vacated during the term of office the Sponsoring Dealer shall appoint an interim to assume the position for the remainder of the term of office.
5. The Head Road Captain shall be nominated from within their ranks. The RC's will select the Head Road Captain by a secret ballot at the last RC-Meeting of the Calendar year. Their selection will be recommended to the Director for final acceptance and appointment.
6. Road Captains are selected by active Road Captains from qualified applicants that have met the requirements to become a Road Captain.
l. Regular Meetings. The regular meetings of the Chapter shall be held on the first Saturday of each month. The order of business for these meetings shall be:
Roll call of the primary officers and sign in of all other members
Introduction of guests and new members
Activities Officer Report
Road Captain Report
Sponsoring Dealer Report
2. 0fficers Meetings. The Chapter officers shall meet the Thursday evening prior to the monthly membership meeting each month to discuss the meeting agenda and approve Chapter activities.
3. Special Meetings. Any Primary Officer may call a special meeting. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated in the call. Except in cases of emergency, at least one week's notice shall be given.
THE GOVERNING BOARD OF TRUSTEES
1. Board Composition. The Director, Assistant Director, Treasurer, Secretary, and Sponsoring Dealer or his representative, Membership, Photographer, Safety, Historian, and Head Road Captain, and Webmaster shall constitute the Board of Directors.
2. Board's Duties and Powers. The Board of Trustees shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Chapter between business meetings, fix the hour and place of meetings, make recommendations to the Chapter, and perform such other duties as are specified in these By-Laws. The Board shall be subject
to the orders of the Chapter, the directives of the Sponsoring Dealer and none of its acts shall conflict with action taken by the Chapter.
3. Board Meetings. Special meetings of the Board may be called by the Director or Sponsoring Dealer and shall be called upon the written request of any member(s) of the Board.
1. All trophies and awards received by the Chapter shall be displayed for the general public at Emerald City Harley-Davidson in a location determined by the Sponsoring Dealer.
2. If the Chapter disbands at any time, Chapter funds shall be used to pay any debt owed by the Chapter; any remaining funds shall remain with the Sponsoring Dealer.
3. The Great Northwest Chapter name and logo are property of Emerald City Harley-Davidson and shall not be used without written consent of the Sponsoring Dealer. Accepted uses include newsletters, letterhead, H.O.G.@merchandise that is licensed and approved by Sponsoring Dealer. Emerald City
Harley-Davidson reserves the right to use the Great Northwest Chapter name and logo at its sole discretion.
AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
These By-Laws may be amended at any board meeting of the Chapter by a two-third vote, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous board meeting and the Sponsoring Dealer approves the amendment. Dealer reserves the right to amend or modify these By-Laws at its sole discretion.
These By-Laws were adopted and passed by the Board by a majority vote during a meeting properly called on 2/25/2014, and became effective at that time.